Friday, August 21, 2020

Blog Archive mbaMission Consultant Spotlight Michael Guttman

Blog Archive mbaMission Consultant Spotlight Michael Guttman At mbaMission, our consultants are more than just graduates of the world’s top MBA programsâ€"we are also expert communicators who possess an unparalleled knowledge of the admissions process. Each week, we highlight one member of our team who has committed his/her professional life to helping you get into business school. Michael Guttman earned both his BBA and MBA from the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan. Shortly after completing his undergraduate degree, he joined the transactions group at Deloitte in New York City, where he modeled cash flows, ran analytics, and performed document review for potential investors. After four years at Deloitte, followed by two years in a strategy role for an online retailer, Michael returned to Ross to pursue his MBA. Although he held several leadership positions at the school, he was most passionate about his role as a career counselor; he enjoyed performing resume reviews and helping his peers shape their personal story and goal statements in preparation for crucial interviews. After graduating with his MBA, Michael returned to Deloitte, where he was promoted to Manager level for his final three years at the firm and served as a leader on an internal recruiting team. His desire to work directly with individuals while leveraging his finance background and passion for career development led him to become a full cycle recruiter in the financial services industry before joining mbaMission. Michael looks forward to helping clients create strong and compelling applications that emphasize the uniqueness of their stories. Quick Facts: Received MBA from: Michigan Ross Undergraduate field of study: Finance Fields worked in before mbaMission: Finance, Strategy, and Recruiting Working style:  Organized, thorough, direct, dependable Five things you want your clients to know about you: I was initially a career switcher in business school, thus I spent a great deal of time crafting my story and contemplating my transferable skills; I did the same for my career switching classmates. I love working with people. My time as a recruiter was invaluable because it helped me learn to ask the right questions in order to understand a persons true motivations and interests. I have a calm and positive demeanor which I feel lessens peoples stress during the application process. I loved living in NYC but I also have an affinity for college towns. I enjoyed Ann Arbor during college so much that I returned for my MBA. I am a big sports fan and have attended games in over 50 college and pro stadiums. Watch Michaels video:   Do you want to speak with Michael about your business school prospects? Sign up for a free 30-minute consultation  here. Share ThisTweet mbaMission Consultant Spotlight

No comments:

Post a Comment